2. Read & Write-3 Unit 4 How has technology affected your life?
- Preview the Unit-> Listen to the Q-classroom
=> Pair How long do you watch TV and look at your smartphone?
Reading-1 Having a second life an article from a computer magazine
- Vocabulary: interact-interaction, transaction, virtual-virtual reality
- Listen to Q-Classroom-> Take notes=> Explain-1 the main ideas of the article in 60 sec.
- Reading Skill: Taking notes-> A. => Pair Compare the answers
-> Read=> Take notes Check the main ideas=> Explain-2 the main ideas of the article in 60 sec.
=> Ind. Speech Do you want to join a website like Second life? Answer your question in 60 sec.
- Words/Expressions Dic (par.1) explore - to travel to or into unfamiliar or unknown regions; ~ the city on foot, ~ for oil - to examine, investigate, search for – exploration: ~ of space, Oil ~
Dic (par.2) transaction a piece of biz done between parties; deal: financial ~s,
Dic (par.5) escape (vi) to get away from a place/situation: ~ from prison (vt) avoid sth/situation: ~ punishment/death/being killed
=> Q-Classroom Shadow Reading
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 6 The Physics of Fun Reading-1 A Whale of a Wheel
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. elastic (rubber material that can stretch and resume normal shape),
(2) revise to change opinion/plan/book/document to correct/improve; ~d estimate/edition/draft
(7) deserve credit for (n) (praise) approval; give/take ~ for
- (money) buy now pay later, money borrowed, money in bank, money back <-> debit (card)
<- deserve be entitled to, be qualified for: ~ a rest/praise/mention, ~ to win/be awarded
- C. Choose five activities you think should be regulated and prioritize them in 1~5
=> Ind. Speech Speak your opinion as to which activity you think should be regulated by the government more than the others in 60 seconds. => Q&A
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- D. -> Read aloud=> Pair Read aloud by turns=> Switch the turn
- Corpus Dic distort to change the shape/appearance/sound to be not clear; The loud speaker ~ed his voice.
-to twist/change facts/ideas to be incorrect: give a ~ed picture/view of sth - distortion of the truth/fact