2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 7 Neuroscience Reading-1 Mind Wide Open
- Before reading-1: What is mind?
- Before Reading-Words:
adrenaline [əˈdrɛnəlɪn] a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids.
autistic-autism [ˈɔtɪz əm] a pervasive developmental disorder of children, characterized by impaired communication, excessive rigidity, and emotional detachment
paranormal-> para-: beyond; -noid, similar to but not official: -military, -legal, -medic
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is a test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to make pictures of organs and structures inside the body.
PET (Positron Emission Tomography) scan uses radiation, or nuclear medicine imaging, to produce 3D color images of the functional processes within the human body.
=> Skim the text and Write the main idea of the text in one sentence.
- Reading Skill: Annotating and Highlighting a text-> Apply
- Read-> Annotate/Highlight the Subject/Topic, main idea of each paragraph, important facts/names
=> Identify the chunks and their main points
=> Write a summary of this book review in three sentences.
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 6 Social Studies Web Radio Program about 35-hour work week in the US
- Lis-1-> Exercises
- Lis-2-> Take a memo to summarize
=> Integrated Speaking Summarize each person’s argument.
=> Integrated Speaking Whose argument do you agree or disagree with the most