- Read-2=> Shadow Reading Q Classroom
- Refer to page 66: Making Inference-> Details
- Reading Skills: Identifying Pronoun References-> A, B/p.148
=> WDT-B Blog Write which lie is the most or least acceptable to you in three to four sentences.
2. Tactics for Listening 2e Unit 15 Hotel Services
Getting Ready-> Match the numbers-> Check the pronunciation and meaning of the services.
Services: housekeeping, concierge [kɒnsiɛərʒ] a member of a hotel staff in charge of special services for guests, as arranging for theater tickets or tours. bell captain
2. Get clothes dry cleaned 4. Get your room cleaned
Listening-1 Describe what each guest wants in one sentence in reported speech.
Listening-2 Describe the two requests each guest makes in the present tense in reported speech.
3. Cover to Cover Unit 10 Wise Words Part 1 The Wisdom of the World
- Unit Title: Wise Words Text Title: The Wisdom of the World
Dic wise: able to make sensible decision and give good advice by experience and knowledge;
- wise man, wise saying, wise advice, wise choice, wise decision
- Wise men learn by other men's mistakes, fools by their own.
-> wisdom: - the ability to think and act using knowledge/experience/understanding/common sense/insight
- accumulated knowledge, erudition, or enlightenment; insight, foresight, common sense, prudence
clever: quick at learning and understanding things, showing intelligence or skills
smart= intelligent: good at learning/understanding in a logical way, (animal) can learn things
sensible: able to make good judgments by reason and experience rather than emotion
prudent: sensible and careful to make judgments/decisions
- Comprehension Strategy: Making Inferences; Reading between the lines
- Read -> Task-A, Checking Comprehension
- Read w/CD-> Read aloud: Par. 2-4, 5-6
- Vocabulary in Context-A
Dic ignorance <-ignore to refrain from noticing or recognizing; disregard, neglect: ~ insulting remarks
Dic emphasize to give special importance to sth; stress, highlight, underscore: ~ sth/that -emphasis on sth
-> Vocabulary in Context-B