-Review Writing: a paragraph about your favorite type of music. =>Revise/Rewrite=> Present=> Q&A
Be sure to write a strong topic sentence, clear supporting sentences, and sentences with details.
2. Tactics for Listening 2e Unit 14 Shopping Problems
Getting Ready-> Talk about a shopping problem with a partner. Explain how you dealt with the problem.
- Before Listening shrink-shrank/shrunk-shrunk/shrunken - to draw back, as in retreat/ avoidance: ~ from danger; ~ from contact. - to contract/lessen in size: This cloth will ~ if washed in water.
Listening-2 Pair 1/2, 3/4, 5/6
Dic guarantee a formal assurance in writing that a product/service will meet certain standards or specifications : a money-back guarantee. A credit card ~s the reservation. briefcase
=> Task-1 Complete the sentences to summarize the conversations. Use the reported speech properly.
=> Task-2 Tell the summary to a partner without the writing in 60 sec.
Listen-3 Take notes and describe what experience each speaker talked about. => Pair
Dic bargain [ˈbɑrgən] (v) to discuss the terms of a bargain; haggle; negotiate. (n) an advantageous purchase, especially one acquired at less than the usual cost.: It was a ~ at that price. ~ prices
Task Will you bargain if your friend has gotten a 25% discount for a pair of jeans by negotiation?
3. Cover to Cover Unit 9 Relationships Part 2 Can “Love at First Sight” Last?
- Fluency Strategy: Skimming for the main idea
- Skim the Text => Task-A
- Read=> Checking Fluency and Comprehension-A
- Read w/CD-> Check the answers-> Expanding Vocabulary-A-> B
- a chance encounter/meeting: (adj) not planned; accidental: a ~ occurrence
- work through to deal with successfully; come to terms with; resolve, deal with, work out