2. Read & Write-3 Unit 3 Sports Writing
- Blog 2nd Review Writing: Do you think competing in sports to the limit is good for young children?
- Writing Skill: Organizing an Opinion Paragraph -> B. Identify the Outline in the textbook.
- Blog Write an Opinion Paragraph
Many high school students in Japan actively, in a sense are expected to, engage in a club activity at school almost every day, sometimes on weekends and holidays and even during vacations. While this kind of commitment and involvement to an activity offer students a chance to develop skills or knowledge on certain activities such as sports, art or music, it could take away time or opportunities from students to do other things especially outside of their community.
How much time should high school students spend on such activities? Should they do just one thing every day or only a few days a week and spend the rest of their time to do other things?
Write an opinion paragraph to answer this question.
Plan Use the steps in page 63. Be sure to support your opinion with reasons and examples. Conclude your paragraph to restate and emphasize your opinion.
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 5 Reading-2 Freeze Frames – Stopping Time
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A -> B
- Corpus Dic series (sing/pl) several events/things of a similar kind that happens one after another;
a ~ of events, the first in a ~ of sth, the first film of the movie ~
Dic sequence: the following of one thing after another/in order; succession series, order, array, string;
in/out of ~, ~ order, the ~ of events, in alphabetical ~
- sequential following in order of time/place:~ data processing-> data stored sequentially
- sequent; consecutive, sequential - sequel<->prequel
- Corpus Dic transit: the process of being moved/carried from one place to another; passenger in ~, ~ visa, the parcel is in ~ => in transit: parcel, package, passenger, traveler, baggage,
- transition: the process /period of changing from one state to another; change, progress, conversion;
~ from A to B, ~ between A and B, in ~, the ~ from school to work, a smooth ~ from/between, in ~ from/between
=> in transition: student, business, system, management, organization, operation, succession is ~
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- Corpus hence -> E.
- Corpus Dic expose: to show sth hidden; ~ underwear/gun, show the truth, sth immoral/illegal/shameful: ~ scandal/corruption - exposure; ~ to radiation/the sun, ~ of the corruption/illegal trade
Dic display: to put sth in place to show; ~ merchandises/works, to show signs of; ~ a sign of emotion/disappointment