1. Read & Write Unit 6 Laughter Reading-2 The Best Medicine Is Laughter Writing
Blog Review Writing
Unit 7 Music: How does music make you feel?
Preview the Unit
- A: Listen to the Q Classroom => Talk Do you like listening to music?
Adjectives of Feelings: (good) calm, charged, cheerful, comfortable, delighted, encouraged-encouraging, energetic, excited-exciting, funny, gentle, good, happy, inspired, interested-interesting, joyful, lively, pleasant, pleased-pleasing, relieved, wonderful
(bad) bored, confused, crazy, depressed, disturbed, dull, mad, nervous, sad, sleepy, tired, worried
=> Explain how you enjoy your favorite music or why you don’t like listening to music.
2. Cover to Cover Unit 8 Viewpoints Part 1 Stereotypes
- Introduction: pin-striped suit, loose-fitting dress, accountant-accounting
- Comprehension Strategy: Recognizing Reference Words - these, him, they, it, them
- Reading-1=> Task-A, Checking Comprehension
- Looking at Vocabulary in Context
prejudice [ˈprɛdʒədɪs] an unfavorable opinion/feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason; prejudgment, perceived idea, bias : English ~ against foreigners, anti-Jewish ~s
discrimination <-discriminate to make a distinction in favor of or against a sb/sth on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality: The new law ~s against foreigners. He ~s in favor of his relatives.
- Read w/CD => Task-1 Read aloud Par. 2-3 =>
1. Stereotypes とは何か、どういうものであるのかについてPar.2-3を基に日本語で説明しなさい。
Dic stereotype (n) a fixed idea/image tmany people have of a particular type of sb/sth; oversimplify:
(v) to form a vised idea/image about a person/thing which may not really be true; ~ sb as sth
=> Pair Explain what stereotype is in one sentence and give a brief explanation and an example in two to four sentences.
3. Tactics for Listening 2e Unit 10 Keeping Fit
Getting Ready-> Voca: tighten muscles, do sit ups, do pushups, put on weight, lift weights,
take up sth to adopt the study, practice, or activity of: ~ skiing, the piano
Listening-1: Explain what the New Year’s resolution of the speaker is=
Listening-2 Explain what kind of exercise each person used to do and do now.