- Vocabulary-> Dic effect on, pain in,
fear of failure, ~ about what …, ~ for safety, ~ over terrorism
- Read-> Underline TS, Main Ideas: Identify key word(s) to find the answer -> Details => Pair
=> WDT-2 Activity to laugh.
=> Speak your answer. Answer the question, support it in two or three sentences and conclude
Do you want to join one of the International Laughter Clubs?
- Vocabulary Skills: Using the Dictionary Identify the Part of Speech
- Read contagious [kənteɪdʒəs] capable of being transmitted by contact w/an infected person/object: ~ diseases.
=> Shadow Reading
2. Cover to Cover Unit 7 Intelligence Part 2 Animal Intelligence
- Introduction Experiments: Chimps, Gorillas, Dolphins
- Vocabulary Before Reading: Tablet crow – raven Monkeys vs Apes (1:04)
- monkey: with tails, tree-dwelling except baboons
-ape: no tails; orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, humans
- Comprehension Strategy: Scanning -> Choose words to scan=> Task-A
1. prick up one’s ears - (a horse or dog) make the ears stand erect when on the alert.
- to listen carefully: The children ~ed their ears when they heard the word “candy.”
- Skimming => Read the title, first and last par, first sentence (topic) of par.2-5
=> Pair Discuss the topic of each paragraph
1st: Animal researchers have learned ~ mental or cognitive abilities of animals
2nd: ability to use tools 3rd: solving problems 4th: ability to learn 5th: self-awareness
Last: Some animals have high levels of cognition
- Reading-1 => Checking Fluency and Comprehension