2. Read & Write-3 Unit 3 Sports Reading #1 Fast Cars, Big Money
Reading #1 Fast Cars, Big Money
- Skim the Text; Title, Subheadings, Photo, Caption
- Read-> Main Ideas and Details
- Reading Skill: Scanning Mark the words you’re going to scan-> Scan
- What do you think?-1 Do you think Formula 1 racing is a good or bad investment?
=>Blog Write your answer in five to eight sentences. Use an idea map to bring perspectives for planning.
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 4 Public Health Reading-1 Determinants of Mortality
- Study Words/Expressions/Grammar
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. -> Corpus radical basic, fundamental, important parts of sth, for change from accepted or traditional forms; profound, essential: ~ changes/reform/differences, ~ idea/solution/proposal/measures - thoroughgoing or extreme; progressive, extreme, revolutionary (N)
empirical [ɛmˈpɪr ɪ kəl] based on experiments, experience rather than theories or ideas; practical, experimental, hands-on, firsthand: ~ evidence/knowledge/research/study <-> theoretical
- Corpus aspect element to consider; prospect, view (visual effect): the physical aspect of the landscape
-> C.1 Ind. Speech-1 What are two most important aspects for you to decide which college to attend/which major to choose?
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- E. Read the texts aloud