- Listen=> Tell the Main Point in one sentence.
- Read w/CD-> Read aloud-> Chant w/CD=> Shadowing-1-> Check the Text=> Shadowing-2
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 4 Reading-1 Determinants of Mortality
- Read-2 Mark the Main Ideas-> Study the text to identify the chunks
=> Identify the Topic/MI of each chunk
Chunk 1 (Par.1-2) overall history of life expectancy; Figure 1
Chunk 2 (Par.3-5) aspects and phases of mortality reduction; nutrition, public health measures, medicine, Figure 2
Chunk 3 (Par.6-7) life expectancy by countries; Figure 3
Chunk 4 (Par.8-10) factors for difference in life expectancy; groups, hierarchy
=>Blog Write a summary of the text in five sentences/100 words.
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 4 Visual Art
- Listening #3 with Blog Script-> Voc: - irony->ironic (~ comment/smile, opposite/different from expectation),
- connotation (idea suggested by a word) - ruffles (frills)
- elongated<- elongate (stretch, extend, prolong) - poking fun at (tease, make fun of)
- Pronunciation: The Schwa Sound
- Speaking Skills: Using Impression - kind/sort of, it’s like/as if, or something
=> Speaking Practice: Describe one of the photos
=> Ind. Speaking Describe your favorite music, movie, story, book, artwork, event, person, animal, food, snack or drink.
4. Special Program India Blog
=> If you have a chance to talk to a high-school student from India, what do you want to ask?
A: “I heard/read that … in India.” Ask a question. => B: What about in Japan?=> A: Answer.