- Listen=> Tell the Main Point in one sentence.
- Read w/CD-> Read aloud-> Chant w/CD=> Shadowing-1-> Check the Text=> Shadowing-2
2. HW-1 Blog T’s Feedback
3. Read & Write-3 Unit 3 Sports– Preview the Unit: Idea Map
- Preview the Unit-> Listen to the Q-classroom give up/sacrifice, Personal Costs
- Read For Idea Map: Figure Skating, Football, The marathon
=> Make an Idea Map for football, marathon, or figure skating by Financial, Physical, Emotional Gains and Costs
-> Pair Present what are the gains and costs of the sports in your opinion
Reading #1 Fast Cars, Big Money
- Skim the Text; Title, Subheadings, Photo, Caption
- Read-> Main Ideas and Details
- Reading Skill: Scanning Mark the words you’re going to scan-> Scan
- What do you think?-1 Do you think Formula 1 racing is a good or bad investment?
=>Blog Write your answer in five to eight sentences. Use an idea map to bring perspectives for planning.
4. Inside Reading-3 Unit 4 Public Health Reading-1 Determinants of Mortality
Unit 4 Public Health Reading-1 Determinants of Mortality
☆What?: Research report discusses the factors that affect life expectancy
Target Words empirical [ɛmˈpɪr ɪ kəl] based on experiments, experience rather than theories or ideas; practical, experimental, hands-on, firsthand: ~ evidence/knowledge/research/study <-> theoretical
Before You Read Think and Talk A-2. Rank the factors=> Pair
More Words: - eradicate eliminate, destroy, abolish, get rid of, remove, extinguish - vaccine [vækˈsin]
- Preview: Check the title, Figure-1, 2, 3 (graphs, table) and their captions
Title Determinant of Mortality a determining agent or factor.
mortality <- Dic mortal subject to death: ~ creature, ~ life <-> immortal; ~ life, ~ words
-> fatal (causing death) mortal; deadly; a ~ accident/dose
Figure-1 Infant Mortality Rate
Figure-2 Filtration and Chlorination on Mortality <-filtrate=filter chlorine [ˈklɔrin] 塩素
typhoid [ˈtaɪ fɔɪd] typhoid fever. an infectious, often fatal disease 腸チフス
Figure-3 Life Expectancy at Birth
- Read-1-> Reading Comprehension Note the line # where the answer is found.
- Reading Skill: Interpreting Charts, Graphs, and Tables-> Apply A/p.53a-> B/p.54