Reading-1 Vacation from Work: Employee Vacation Policy/Toy’s Inc.
- Vocabulary: Read the Text aloud-> Answer w/Part of Speech in mind
-> Read. Attention to pronunciation: reduce, improve, policy, employees-employer
-> Dic reduce-reduction: to make sth less/smaller in size/quantity/price etc.
- Skim the text to understand the intention and contents of the email.
- Read-1-> Main Ideas, Details => Pair Check the answers
- Read Q-Skills-> Study Words/Expressions
Intro: time off, option, one-the other, by the end of the day
Option 1: reduce worker stress, 52 weeks a year, improve their health
Option 2: lose money, more likely to, get hurt/sick, improve worker attention/health
=> Pair Which option do you prefer, to choose when to take vacation days or to take vacation when the factory is closed?
=> WDT 1. Are you for or against the policy change?
Blog Write your answer in three to five sentences.
I’m for/against the policy change. I ... I also …
=> Pair Tell the partner your answer=> Q&A or Argue
2. Cover to Cover Unit 5 Sports Part 2 Fans or Fanatics?
- Read w/CD -> Read aloud: Par.4, 8
Task-3 Write in English.
1. (Par.4) ある文化における社会的（に認められている）な振舞いが、他の文化で必ずしも容認されるとは限らない。
Social behavior in one culture isn’t always considered acceptable in another culture.
2. (Par.8)今日の競争市場では、より多くの人々が買物をする前に価格を比べるためにインターネットで調べることは、驚くにはあたらないでしょう。 (look up, should not be)
In today’s competitive market, it should not be surprising that more people look up the Internet to compare prices before shopping.
Task-4 Prepare and speak out: What’s Your Opinion? - A
- What do you think is rude at a sporting event or on the train? Speak your answer in 60 sec. with an example(s).