War Child is an international Non-Government Organization that offer help to children in destructed countries by wars and conflicts. They provide them with places to live in, food to eat, and education for their future by raising fund from the public.
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 3 In the Public Eye Reading-1 Public Art Controversies – Art Attack
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A -> B -> C -> Read aloud->Words/Expressions: mural, bus shelter, fa-reaching effects, vandalism
- Corpus: criteria (pl) - criterion (s) (a standard by which something can be judged or decided)
= benchmark, standard, barometer, scale, test, precedent, touchstone
-> The main criterion is value for money. What criteria are used for assessing a student’s ability?
-> D. Choose one of the five things, and think of the three most important criteria for deciding the thing.
1. Rent, Convenience, Neighbors 3. Species (dog/cat), Size, Care Requirements
=> Ind. Speech Speak your thoughts to a partner in 90 seconds.
The criteria to decide what kind of ~ are … First, …
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- E. Mark the word(s) that should be rephrased.
- Corpus Dic - fund (vt) to provide money for sth: a festival ~ed by …, privately ~ed, a government ~ed program
- fund (C) an amount of money saved/made available for a particular purpose, capital, endowment, foundation: a disaster relief ~, pension ~, IMF
- funds (pl) money that is available to be spent, cash reserve, budget: government ~, raise ~, lack of ~
- funding (UC) money for particular purpose, cash, money: cuts in government ~
- F. Restate the sentences using fund, funds or funding.
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 3 Food Science Interview with a food scientist about changes in eating habit
Preparing to Listen: Statistics about food and eating habit/p.22-23
The average annual house hold expenditure for food away from home is larger than the one at home.
=> Pair how often you do you eat out with your friends? How much do you usually spend?
- 1st Listening Main Ideas and Details
- 2nd Listening by part
=> Part-1 Explain the Effects and Changes in eating habit.
=> Part-2 Explain what are predicted in the research
☆ Integ. Speech-1 What do you think affected the most to people’s eating habit?
☆ Integ. Speech-2 Do you think more people will prefer eating out in the future?
☆ Ind. Speech Speak your eating habit compared to the research explained by the food scientist.