Messenger of Peace is a highly honorable assignment to respectable people in various fields. They are expected to dedicate their time and effort voluntarily to promote the UN.
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 3 Reading-2 One Person’s Vandalism Is Another One’s Art
vandalism: the act of deliberately destroying or damaging property; destruction, mischief: arrest for ~, act of ~ <- vandal a person who deliberately destroys or damages property : a person who vandalizes something
- Before You Read What is art? => Think of the definition
=> Dic art
- sth that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings
- works created by artists; paintings, sculptures, etc., that are created to be beautiful or to express important ideas or feelings
- the methods and skills used for painting, sculpting, drawing, etc.
☆ Street art in the heart of Morocco
- Reading Skill: Skimming and Making Predictions
(1) Read the title and look at the picture=> Predict the Topic
graffiti [graf·fi·ti] (usually unauthorized) pictures or words, painted or drawn on a wall, building, etc. Visual works created by someone on or in a public place or property.
(2) Read the first paragraph and the last paragraph=> Revise the Prediction
The value of visual works created by someone on or in a public place or property
(3) Look at the first sentence of each paragraph=> Write the Main Idea of the article => Pair
It is highly controversial whether street art should be considered (as) art.
- Reading Comprehension: Mark the key words of the questions
=> Skim the entire article to choose the answers. => Pair Check the answers
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 3 Interview w/a food scientist about changes in eating habit #2
- 3rd Listening with Transcript Blog
-> Vocabulary: take it for granted, appetite-appetizer, imply-implication, striking, to some extent
If Not Done (☆ Integ. Speech-1 What do you think affected the most to people’s eating habit?)
(☆ Integ. Speech-2 Do you think more people will prefer eating out in the future?)
(☆ Ind. Speech Speak your eating habit compared to the research explained by the food scientist.)
- Pronunciation: Intonation with Questions
- Speaking Skills: Hesitating and Taking Time to Think
- Speaking Practice: Food and Eating Questionnaire
<= Intonation with Questions, Taking time to answer, Elaborate the answer, Echo/Repeat Questions
<= Follow up questions, Mix w-questions and yes/no questions
3: Is there one food that you eat every day? -> If so, what is it?
=> If you are to choose one food or dish to eat every day, what will you choose? How will you eat it?
4: Do you prefer eating out or eating at home? -> What’s your favorite dish/menu/place?
☆ Ind. Speech Speak your prediction for the change in eating habits in the next ten years especially when;