Messenger of Peace is a highly honorable assignment to respectable people in various fields to promote the UN.
- distinguished; famous, outstanding, esteem, honored, reputable, renowned, prominent
<-distinguish - to mark off as different: He was ~ ed from the other boys by his height.
- to recognize as distinct or different; It is hard to ~ her from her twin sister. –
- distinct -distinguished as being different; not identical; separate: His private and public lives are~.
- different in nature or quality: Gold is distinct from iron.
- commitment; pledge, promise, engagement, obligation assurance, responsibility
<-commit - ~ a crime, wrongdoing, suicide - ~/be ~ted oneself to sth
2. Read & Write-3 Unit 2 Food and Taste Reading #2 Finding Balance in Food
Writing: a descriptive paragraph about your favorite dish.
- Brainstorm-> Plan
- Use at least three descriptive adjectives effectively and appropriately.
- Blog Write a Descriptive Paragraph about your favorite dish in six to eight sentences.
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 3 In the Public Eye Reading-1 Public Art Controversies – Art Attack
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- B. -> Read aloud 1. On a regular basis 2. Fund public art 6. Cooperate in maintaining
- C -> Read aloud mural, bus shelter, fa-reaching effects, vandalism
- Corpus: criteria (pl) - criterion (s) [kraɪˈtɪər i ən] a standard by which something can be judged or decided; benchmark, standard, barometer, scale, test, precedent, touchstone :
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- E. Mark the word(s) that should be rephrased.
- Corpus Dic - fund (vt) to provide money for sth: a festival ~ed by …, privately ~ed, a government ~ed program
- fund (C) an amount of money saved/made available for a particular purpose, capital, endowment, foundation: a disaster relief ~, pension ~, IMF
- funds (pl) money that is available to be spent, cash reserve, budget: government ~, raise ~, lack of ~
- funding (UC) money for particular purpose, cash, money: cuts in government ~
- F. Restate the sentences using fund, funds or funding.