- Review reading w/CD-> Read aloud Par.1=> Study and predict the meaning => Pair
- at least, few knew who he was until … <= few had known who he was until…
- He didn’t wake people up to inequality and the power of non-violent resistance.
- Read aloud: Par. 6-7, 8=> Task-2 Par. 8を、“one of a kind” の意味を明らかにして日本語にしなさい
- Task-3 Write in English: 井上氏は、彼は何か新しいものを創造したとは思っていなかったので、彼の発明が特許をとれるだろうとは全く考えていなかった。(Par- 4, 6) Mr. Inoue never thought his invention would get patented because/since he didn’t think he had created anything new.
- Dic Study the difference between invent-invention and innovate-innovation
=>Discuss what inventions and innovations you know and think important or influential to us.
invent: create or design a new thing, device, or process that has NOT existed before.
innovate: make changes in sth, introduce new methods/ideas/products that are already existing.
2. Read & Write Unit 3 Long Distance Reading-2: Immigrant Stories
- Review Reading (Q-Classroom)
- WDT If you can’t get a good job in your country, would you be willing to move to another country to work, live and have a family there?
=> Blog Write your answer and explain the reason in five sentences.
=> Peer Review=> Revise
- Writing Skill: Connecting sentences with and, but with a comma-> A, B
- Grammar: there is/are, was/were -> A, B
☆Plural, Singular, or Either by Word, Context, Situation, Expectation
- There is no post office/bank/railway station/pet store/theater/stadium in the village.
<-> There are no restaurants/shops/houses/trees/poles/traffic lights in this part of the town.
- There was no clock/bed/sofa/table/deskin the room.
<-> There were no chairs(chair)/windows/curtains/power outlets in the room
3. Tactics for Listening Unit 3: Neighbors
Getting Ready: Pair Do you talk with your neighbors often? Do you have any neighbors you know well?
Listening-1: Listen and describe who and what each speaker’s neighbor is like why.
Listening-2: Listen to explain.