Reading-2: Immigrant Stories
- Vocabulary Dic community - the people living in one locality, the locality in which they live
- a group of people having cultural, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics in common: Protestant community
- Preview Reading 2 Skim the article-> T/F, Understand the structure and contents.
- Listen to Q-Classroom by Story=> Retell-1 the story in four sentences. Use the third person narrative.
- Read the text by Story => Retell-2 the story in five sentences. Use the third person narrative.
- Vocabulary Skills: Word Roots=> Dic-> A, B
- lone (before N) unhappy, sad: He is a lone man. - alone (not before N): He lives alone.
- populate (v): a heavily populated area. over/under populated
2. Cover to Cover Unit 3 Entertainment Part 2 Invented, Then Lost
- Review: The villagers believe that they are immune from snakebites for another year. (Par.5)
- immune (to~) protected from a disease or the like; exempt or protected:
(from~) ~ from punishment -> immunity
If you are "immune to" something, it doesn't bother you.
=> If you are immune to criticism, people criticize you but you don't care.
If you are "immune from" something, it cannot be applied to you.
=> If you are immune from prosecution, you cannot be prosecuted.
- Introduction Photos of the first Karaoke, 8-Track Player, TIME magazine
- Fluency Strategy: Scanning-> Task-A
- Read-1-> Checking Fluency & Comprehension
- Read-2 w/CD
-> Read aloud: Par. 2-4=> Task-1 1. patentが何であるかを日本語で説明しなさい(par-3)
2. But, that is what all inventions ~ meet that need. (pr-4)の2つの文を、“that”の示す内容を明らかにして日本語にしなさい。
- Expanding Vocabulary-> Dic equal- equally-equality-inequality