- Read aloud Par. 4=> Task-1 Par. 4を”This”, “the ritual”が示す内容を明らかにして日本語にしなさい
2. Read & Write Unit 3 Long Distance Reading-2: Immigrant Stories
- Vocabulary Dic community - the people living in one locality, the locality in which they live
- a group of people having cultural, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics in common: Protestant community
- Preview Reading 2 Skim the article-> T/F
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details
- Read aloud with Q-Classroom
=> Retell one of the stories in five sentences. Use the Present tense and the third person narrative.
3. Tactics for Listening Unit 2: City Transportation
Getting Ready: Pair What public transportation do you use the most? Is it convenient? Any problems?
Listening-1: Listen and answer T’s questions.
Listening-3: Listen and summarize
- Listen-1 => Tell what each person [1/2, 3/4] talked about taxis in reported speech in one minute.
- Listen-2 => Tell what each person [2/1, 4/3] talked about taxis in reported speech in one minute.
- Read the Transcript to check the understanding and study expressions
1. I hate using taxis here. The drivers drive too fast and really dangerously. And they’re often rude. The cars are mostly in pretty poor condition. But what I hate the most is that they aren’t air conditioned. It’s so hot here. They really need air-conditioned taxis. By the time I arrive somewhere, I feel really hot and uncomfortable.
2. I’ve taken quite a few taxi rides recently. I’ve never had any big problems using taxis here. They’re usually clean and the cars are pretty new. The prices are good, too. The thing I like most, though, is the drivers. They drive very carefully, and I think that’s very important.
3. I find that taxis here are okay. They’re pretty comfortable. Most of the cars they use are new and they keep them really clean. They’re a little expensive, though. I paid $50 to come from the airport. That is too expensive. I guess the thing I hate the most, though, is that the drivers don’t speak English very well. It’s very difficult to explain to them where you want to go.
=> Ind. Speech Talk about your school in three sentences, and then tell what you like the most in three sentences. Use Repeat and Echo questions. => Q&A, Elaborate the answer.