Japan’s population is aging and expected one in every three persons to be over 65 years in the next 10 to 30 years. This is going to cast shadows over its economy and pension system but in the meantime it could bring about positive influence on employment and housing.
This is drawing attention from the countries that have the same kind of demographic problems.
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 1 Architecture Reading-2
- Read-1=> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the location by line #, Correct false statements.
Check/Revise the answers for Apply-1, 2, 3, 4=> Pair
- Read-2 => Clarify what each paragraph explains. => Pair
Par.1: What is Victor Gruen & Associates and Where they are located
Par.2: Why Victor Gruen & Associates are significant
Par.3: Who are the partners -> Par. 4, 5: Specifics
Par.6, 7: What they do and have done; Commercial field and Residential Field -> Par.8~ Specifics.
=> ☆ Pair Tell the Summary in 90 sec. w/o the writing
- Study Words/Expressions I. Victor Gruen & Associates
associate a person who shares actively in anything as a business, enterprise, or undertaking; partner; colleague
[P2-L11] brought together in the common belief that individual ingenuity coupled with disciplined teamwork offers the best approach …
- bring together cause to become joined or linked; unify, unite, consolidate
- ingenuity [ɪndʒənuɪti/nyu] inventive talent; cleverness; ability, intelligence, talent, wisdom: a designer of ~
- discipline - to improve the behavior, orderliness of by training, conditions, or rules -> disciplined: army/team, ~ approach - to punish or correct
[P3-L18] head (v) [L21] direct ; manage, oversee, lead, control, guide, run, supervise [P3-L28] project coordinator <-coordinate (adj) [-nɪt] (v) [koʊɔrdneɪt] ; integrate, manage, organize, match, harmonize [L31] - firm a partnership or association for carrying on a business, or any commercial enterprise [P6-L34] commercial field a sphere of activity, interest, etc., especially within a particular business or profession; area, job, range, territory, work : the ~ of teaching [P8-L44] special interests; activity, importance. significance, advantage, prosperity, responsibility [L70] comprehensive of large scope; covering or involving much; inclusive, extensive, full, thorough : a ~ study of sth <- comprehend
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 2 Psychology Radio Program about the Concept of “flow”
- Introduction-1, 2=> 3. What type of activities do you prefer, physical, solitary or challenging? Why?
- Vocabulary Before Listening: state, optimal (=optimum), solitary (adj) - solitude (n)
- Prepare to Listen: What does “quality of life” mean to you?
What factors, activities or experiences contribute to the quality of life for you?
- Lis-1-> Main Ideas, More Details
- Lis-2/by part=> Integ. Speech-1
[1-4] Explain what “flow” is. When, how and requirements you experience “flow,” and examples.
 Explain the difference between feeling happy and experiencing flow.
=> Integ. Speech-2 Explain what “flow” is with a general example and your own experience in 90 sec.