Japan needs immigrants with skills to cope with its decreasing labors and also to stimulate economy. However, there are concerns if such immigrants are treated fairly to settle in the country and grow their children. Another question is if children of those immigrants are treated like other Japanese children are.
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 1 Unit 2 Megacities: Urban Planning
Reading-1 The New Megapolis
- Before You Read-2: ☆ Ind. Speaking What particular ecological challenges does your city have to deal with? What special policies or regulations are in place to help the city cope with these challenges?
- What do you predict this article will discuss from the title, the heading, “Forget the rural idyll. Urban living may be the best way to save the planet?” and the photo?
- Reading Skill-A: Check the Main Ideas.
- Read-> B. Write notes about the focus/main purpose of each paragraph=> Pair
=>☆ Integ. Speaking Explain the last paragraph as to what this magazine article proclaims in 90 sec.
=>Blog Write the summary of the main idea of the entire article in within five sentences.
3. Open Forum-2 Ch-2 Psychology Personal Interviews about the survey results on quality of life
- Preparing to Listening Ind. Speech What do you enjoy doing the most? Answer in 60 sec.
- Lis-1 [Julia/Leo]-> Main Idea, Details => Pair Explain what each person likes doing.
- Lis-1 [Annie/Robert]-> Main Idea, Details => Pair Explain what each person likes doing.
- Lis-2 [Julia/Leo] => Pair Explain what each person likes doing in 60 sec.
- Lis-2 [Annie/Robert] => Pair Explain what each person likes doing in 60 sec.
- Thinking and Speaking
Integ. Speech Explain whose response do you feel the same way the most and why in 60 sec.