While the aging of Japan’s population is going to cast shadows over its economy and pension system, there could be positive influence on employment and housing.
2. Read & Write-3 Unit 1 First Impressions
- Vocabulary: Read the sentences aloud-> match the definitions
- Listen Q-Classroom -> Main Ideas=> Integ. Speech Speak the main ideas of this article in 90 sec.
- Read-> Check the MI, Answer Details (Note or underline the answers in the text)
=> Integ. Speech Speak the main ideas of this article to a partner in 90 sec.
- Tip/p.8 Critical Thinking
=> What do you think?-3. => Ind. Speech Do you agree that showing an interest in other people is the best way to make a good first impression? Give your response and explain your idea in 60 sec.
- Reading Skill-A. Identifying Main Ideas and Supporting Details
-> B. Underline the TS in Par. 2, 3, 7
3. Inside Reading-3 Unit 1 Press Release for Dayton’s Southdale Center, The Architects of Southdale
- Before You Read-1: press release (A press release, news release or video release is a written or recorded communication directed at the news media to announce something officially newsworthy. from Wiki)
- Before You Read-3: publicity (notice/attention given to sbe or sth by the media. - the giving out of information about a product, person, or company for advertising or promotional purposes)
- Pair Talk about a press or video release of new product, service, event, plan or opening you’ve seen.
=> ☆ Ind. Speaking Introduce a new product, service, event, plan or opening within five sentences.
- Reading Skill: Previewing and Predicting
-> Learn: Read the Titles, Headlines, Check the Photos and Captions, Skim the Text for information.
=> Apply-1, 2, 3, 4 -> PR firm in N.Y.