People have been impairing/damaging the beautiful nature and environment with pollutions.
We can conserve the beauty and nature of our beautiful planet if we put our efforts together.
2. Read & Write-2
Unit 9 Writing Blog Review the paragraph to describe your community/society.
Unit 10 Global Health
Preview the Unit: [A] What are some things you do to avoid getting sick? => Pair
- [C, D] Match the names of illness: communicable/infectious disease
diabetes [daɪəbitɪs] malaria [məlɛəriə] asthma [æzmə] tuberculosis [tʊbɜrkyəloʊsɪs]
Reading 1: Flu FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Vocabulary: epidemic, symptom, infect-infection-infectious (=communicable), virus
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details -> Blog [A] Venn Diagram
- Reading Skill: Synthesizing Information
=> B.2 Integ. Speech Read the paragraph and answer the question in 90 sec. Include examples/examples.
- Vocabulary/Expressions (par.1) a virus that passes (par.2) fatigue exposure to virus (par.3) respiratory [rɛspərətɔri] runny or stuffy nose (par.4) immunity – immune to sth, ~ from prosecution (par.6) infect-> infection-infectious (par.7) result in sth to have a particular effect/result, to make sth happen: The accident ~ed in 24 deaths. (par.8) vaccine [væksin] vaccinate-vaccination
=> What do you think-2. Some people worry a lot about catching the flu from others, and some people are not very concerned. How concerned are you, on a scale from 1, not concerned at all, and 10, (on a scale of one to ten) extremely concerned? Speak your answer in 90 seconds.
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 3 Reading-1 Looking for Bad Guys at the Big Game
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. -> Read aloud
- B. modify-modification-modifiable; ~ the software, ~ ones diet,
-> Just check the words, no writing: fingerprint powder, police radio, flashlight, lie detector
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- C. involve-involvement
- D. Mark the words/expressions to be restate=> Restate