We can conserve the beauty and nature of our beautiful planet if we put our efforts together.
2. Show & Tell
Blog Write a brief comment and make a simple, constructive suggestion in three minutes.
- It would make your presentation (even) more~ /better/nicer ~ if you … or ~ may make your presentation …
- You may want to try –ing in your next presentation. - How about –ing …? - Why don’t you … ?
- It would have been better/more ~ if you had … - You could have ~ to make your presentation (even) more…
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 3 Reading-1 Looking for Bad Guys at the Big Game
- Blog Review summary of the text in three sentences. Each sentence describes one of the three chunks.
-> Study Words/Expressions: [P1] every fan was of interest to hard-to-see ~: easy-to-use, fun-to-play
[P2] Dic anticipate (expect sth) ~ sth will … (foresee and take action in advance) he ~ed the fall in value by selling early. ~ the raid and escaped before … federal: ~ government, ~ law, ~ tax
Dic enforce=> en-, em-b/m/p (to put into): endanger, enforce, enlarge, enact, enable, encourage, empower, embargo, emphasize [P3] surveillance (close observation/supervision over a person/group)~ camera, under ~, stir: ~ his tea, (move, feel, affect) ~ a debate/dispute [P4] Dic justify defend, rationalize, legitimize, explain: ~ the decision/action, ~ oneself, ~ -ing, -<justification, justifiable
[P5] biometrics (the analysis of biological data using mathematical and statistical methods) ~ fingerprinting, identification, recognition
Dic undertake (to take responsibility and do) attempt, initiate, begin, engage in, tackle: ~ the task/job
[P6] adjacent (for area/bldg/room-next to/near sth) ~ room/building, ~ to the river
utility poles (telegraph pole) ->utility (a service for public; electricity, water, gas)
Dic consequent (following as an effect/result) ~ on/upon sth ->consequence: following as an effect or result
[P7] Dic modify (to change the structure, character, intent) alter, change, revise depict (represent by drawing, painting, describe) [P8] feed into (to put into machine) power is fed into the electricity line
4. Open Forum-1 Chapter 3 Life Science A Tour at the Eden Project #2
- Lis-3 w/Script-> Vocabulary: horticulture, biome, conserve-conservation
- Vocabulary: Geographic Areas and Definite Article (the)
=>Ex.3 Come up with three examples of each geographic category
Pair => Describe one place in each category to the partner to have him/her guess what it is.
- mountain/mountain range/lake/ocean/sea/continent/country
=> What is the ~ that lies in/between/next to …?
- river: What is the river that runs in/through ~? OR What is the river that divides A from B?
=> Change the partner and Describe another place in each category
- Extra Learning: The Köppen climate classification=> Task Which climate zone do you like to live in? Which climate zone do you never want to live in? Answer either of the questions in 90 seconds.