1. Kikutan-4K Day 47 A clever solution to a difficult problem #2
Using incubators could prevent a lot of babies from death but it is such financial burden for poor countries. An American engineering company came up with an affordable incubator that uses ordinary car parts called Neo-nurture. This will cuts the cost of using incubators and help save numbers of babies.
2. Inside Reading-2 Unit 3 Reading 2: More Than a Game
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. -> B. Mark Signal words-> Put the paragraphs in order by chunk: a, d-g-b, e-f
-> Find where h and c should be placed=> a, d-g-b-> h, e-f-> c => Pair=> Study the order/flow
- C. analyze – analysis (pl: analyses [si:z] ); make an ~ of sth
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- D-1. Write a sentence to answer the question including why. => Pair
- D-3. Write two or three sentences to answer the question. Use could or might. => Pair
- E. Write a short explanation for your one “yes” and one “no” answer respectively. => Pair
- F. Restate one of the arguments for “justify” and “consequence” respectively.
=> Write a paragraph to express your own opinion. => Pair
3. Open Forum-1
- Pronunciation: Unstressed Function Words<->Stress on Content Words/p.14(n, v, adj, adv)
Web: An Interview about an important science discovery; Coelacanth
- Lis-1-> Answer the Questions
- Lis-2-> Check the Answers. find who Ms. Latimer was, where/when/how she discovered the Coelacanth.
=> Task-1 Explain who Ms. Latimer was and how she discovered the Coelacanth in 90 seconds.
- Images of Coelacanth Ms. Latimer
- Lis-3 w/Transcript=> Com Task-2 Explain why the discovery is significant.
- the way a curator in South Africa found Coelacanth.
- the ancient fish had been thought to have extinguished by the discovery.
- the difference from modern fish organs and small brain