1. Bridge Work
C35-U2 EU Practice Reading w/TTS Review, Check HW, Comprehension
Unit 1 Names Reading-1: Naming Around the World
- Read-> Main Ideas, Details
- Q-Classroom=> Practice reading aloud
- Extra Learning: Examples of Names
Chinese: 毛泽东/毛沢東(Mao Zedong), 邓小平/鄧小平(Deng Xiaoping), 习近平/周近平(Xi Jinping)
African American: Denzel Washington(actor), Keesha Sharp(actress), Venessa Williams(actress)
Spanish: Mariano Rajoy Brey (PM), Pablo Ruiz y Picasso (painter), Juan Manuel Estevez
=> WDT-1: Compare the names of your, your parent’s and grandparent’s of the same gender. -> Recognize the changes and similarities among them
=> Explain what your first name means and why you were named that way.
=> WDT-3: Japanese law requires one family name for all the member of a family. However, some women, especially those who keep working outside, want to keep their identities and use their original family names even after their marriage. Do you think a married partners should have only one registered family name or they should be allowed to keep their own family names? Give your answer and explain why you think so.
Unit 1 Health Part 1 Living with
- Read w/CD-> Vocabulary in Context repertoire [rep-er-twahr]: the entire list, stock; repertory, collection
- Task-1 Par-2 日本語で説明しなさい: ストレスは、特に幾つかのストレスが重なった場合など、プレッシャーが対処できる範囲を越えたオーバーストレス状態に陥った場合に問題になります。このオーバーストレスは特に愛する人を失った場合や、地震やハリケーンといった大災害に見舞われた際にも起きることがあります。
- Task-2 What are the keys to manage stress described in the passage? Explain with examples in 80 words.
There are three keys to manage stress. The first one is to pay attention to the signals from your body such as aches, soreness, or feeling. The second key is to develop a repertoire of strategies to ease your stress such as keeping positive attitudes, using relaxation techniques like yoga and walking, or creating a list of coping methods. The last key is to keep balance between work or school and the time you can relax or enjoy yourselves. (79 words)
- Task-3 Write in English (Par-7/8): その単純な動作は、私が済ませておく必要があることのどのあたりを減らすかを見つけることと、何をあきらめるかを決めることを助けてくれた。 (where, what)
The simple act helped me discover/find where to reduce what need to be done and decide what to cut out.
- What’s Your Opinion: Complete the sentences with your own ideas.
=> Ask your partner his/her idea. Answer and explain with examples and details.