There are still many people in the world who have no choice but to escape from the violence in homelands.
The United Nation’s High Commissioner of Refugees, or UNHCR, has been helping such refugees settle in new places in other countries for over sixty years since its foundation after WWII
2. Inside Reading-3 Unit 1 Architecture Reading-1 The Architecture of the Marketplace
- Reading Skill: Previewing and Predicting
-> Learn: Read the Titles, Headlines, Check the Photos and Captions, Skim the Text for information.
-> Apply: Skim the text to look for and mark the information
=> 5. Predict and Write what the text is about in a sentence.
- Read-1 -> Reading Comprehension: T/F, Mark the location by line #, Correct false statements.
=> Check the locations/dates/source, Revise the sentence what the text is about. => Pair
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 1 Interview w/an expert on planning public parks
- Listening w/Script=> Ind. Speech Summarize-2 the interview on planning public parks. Describe the main principle and key features of good parks.
-> Words/Expressions litter, graffiti, principle, mugged; hold up, rob drives me crazy
- for the sake of it Also for one's sake. Out of consideration or regard for a person or thing; for someone's or something's advantage or good.: For Jill's sake we did not serve meat. We have to stop fighting for the sake of family unity. 2. For the purpose or motive of: You like to quarrel only for the sake of an argument. 3. for God's sake. An exclamation showing surprise, impatience, anger, or some other emotion, depending on the context.: For God's sake, I didn't expect to see you here
- pull them along; loiter along
- Pronunciation: Sentence Stress
- Speaking Practice=> Integ. Speech Describe either of the park designs, tell your thought on the park design and explain why.