1. Kikutan-6K Day 49 The Work of the UNHCR
The United Nation’s High Commissioner of Refugees, or UNHCR, has been helping refugees from violence settle in new places.
2. Read & Write-2 Unit 10 Global Health Reading 2: More Than a Game
- Vocabulary: virtual <-> real, outbreak-epidemic-pandemic
- Preview the Unit: Have you played a virtual game with an avatar? Did you see the movie Avatar?
- Read-1 -> Main Ideas, Details
- Read-2 => Integ. Speech Explain the incident in two minutes.
- Voca: (par.4) quarantine [kwɔrəntin/kwɔrəntin] a strict isolation imposed to prevent the spread of disease.
- What do you think-B: 2. What can school do to prevent the spread of the flu?
=> Ind. Speech Speak your response in 90 seconds to explain at least one specific action or measure.
- Vocabulary Skill: Collocations-> A. => Write a sentence for each verb+preposition.
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 10 Reading- 2 You wouldn’t know it if it bit you
- Read-2-> Reading Comprehension T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements. Mark the key words to look for the answers before reading. => Pair
- Study Vocabulary
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Write synonyms of the informal words-> Check the chart on page 145
- B. Read the words in the box-> Fill in the blanks without reading (voca task) -> Read the text aloud.
=> C. Put the sentences in a logical order. Identify the topic of each sentence and sort them