- Read w/CD=> Speak a summary in 2~3 sentences.-> Read it yourself=> Pair -> Chant
Fair trade is an idea to have consumers pay little higher price on the items they purchase to improve the workplaces in poor countries. “Fair Trade” labels are put only on certified merchandises. Even though the implementation of the practice is sometimes questionable, it is a sound system to help the poor labors.
2. Inside Reading-2 Unit 10 Bites and Stings Reading- 2 You wouldn’t know it if it bit you
- Read-2-> Reading Comprehension) T/F, Mark the line #, Correct false statements. Mark the key words to look for the answers before reading. => Pair
- Study Sentence/Expressions [L47] minimal discomfort, if any at all
- if any: Correct errors if any. (=if there are any errors)
There is little water(,) if any. (if there is any water) There is little(,) if any(,) between the two.
- if at all: the condition you gave doesn't usually happen or doesn't need to happen, but CAN happen.
If you do it at all, do it well.（やるからには、ちゃんとやりなさい）
If he comes at all, it’ll be surprising.（もし彼が来たとしたら）
I can recall the story vaguely if at all. （もし思いしたとしても）
Many couples nowadays are having less children, if at all, due to a variety of reasons.
- if any at all: Most business owners were only earning small profits, if any at all.
<= business owners, if they were earning profits, those profits were small, but many were not making any profits"
- Study Structure
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 1 Interview w/an expert on planning public parks
- Introduction: Show images of some usual and well-planned parks;
Central Park, Boston Common, Balboa Park in San Diego, the Lakefront in Chicago
Hyde Park in London, Showa Kinen Park in Tachikawa, Hibiya Park
- Prepare to Listen Ind. Speech Describe a public park you like, what it offers and how people enjoy it in 60 sec.
- Listen-1-> Main Ideas, What are the features of good parks?
- Listen-2 for More Details=> Ind. Speech Summarize-1 the interview on planning public parks. Describe the main principle and key features of good parks.