Coffee workers in undeveloped countries work under severe conditions and are paid low wages for their work.
2. Read & Write-2 Unit 9 Reading 1: Cultural Differences in Counting, a science report
Blog Review a paragraph to describe your community/society such as school, local community or country.
Write two or three points that are important or unique and use numbers to support them. HW by 4/5.
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 10 Bites and Stings
Blog Review the summary of the text in four to six sentences.
=> Integ. Speech Tell the summary of the text in 90 seconds.
- Study Geography [L12] Mobile, Alabama [L16] Puerto Rico [L24] “Sunbelt” of America’s south and southwest [P3] between Mississippi and Alabama, Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington
- Study Words/Expressions #1
- [Intro-L6] appendage [əpɛndɪdʒ] <-append -a subordinate part attached to something; an auxiliary part; addition. - any member of the body diverging from the axial trunk. [L8] sting-stung-stung ->stinger [P1-L4] initiated a full-scale invasion - to begin, set going, or originate, institute, introduce, launch: ~ a social reform/movement -> initiative an introductory act or step; leading action, drive, leadership: take the ~ in making friends.
[P2-L20] worked in the ants’ favor [L21] tramp (n)<- (v) to tread or walk with a firm, heavy, resounding step. [L22] thrive-thrived-thrived or throve-thriven to prosper, grow/develop vigorously; flourish, bloom, succeed: The children ~d in the country. New businesses ~ in the city. [P1-L2] habitat; residence, nest, dwelling habitant; resident, inhabit; take up residence in, settle, locate, reside -> inhabitant; colonist, settler [P4-L41] arches its body curve, bridge, hook [L45] immediate burning sensation [L47] develops a red welt a raised mark on the skin where sth has hit/rubbed; weal
4. Review Blog Japan kills 333 minke whales
Watch the video and read the text. Prepare to answer the question, "Why Japan still hunts whales?” in four to six sentences for the next lesson on Apr. 6th.