Over 85% of the world population are in hunger. Oxfam America holds “Hunger Banquet” event to improve awareness of hunger in the world. They provide simple food such as rice and water to most of the guests and decent food to only a handful guests.
2. Inside Reading-2 Unit 10 Bites and Stings Reading-1 Attack of the Fire Ants
- Read-1 Underline the topic sentences/main ideas
- Read-> Reading Comprehension
- Reading Skill: Recording Processes with Flow Chart-> Apply Review a Skill: Outlining
=> Identify the main idea of each section to organize the contents=> Pair
=>Blog Write a summary of the text in four to six sentences.
HW by 4/5
3. Open Forum-2 Chapter 1 Environmental Studies Lecture about City Planning
- Introduction-1: Explain your priorities of living, why A is the most and B is the second most, and C is the least important issue for you.
- Prepare to Listen: revitalize<- vitalize: give strength, energy
- vital: necessary, essential to exist, ~ for health, ~ to the success, ~ role
- Focus on the Listening Skill: Activating Background Knowledge
=> What caused such gaps between inner cities and suburban areas?
- Lis #1-> Main Ideas, More Details
- Lis #2 => Integ. Speech Thinking and Speaking-1: - How inner city declined?
=> Explain what smart growth is about.